- Efficient Handling State-of-the-art equipment, including cranes, top loaders, lift trucks, and support vehicles.
- Ideal Geography A wide, deepwater berth in a convenient location, free of congestion.
- Complete Solutions Capabilities for various commodities with a full suite of integrated vessel- to-door services.
Modern Facilities Built for You
Our terminal has the equipment you need, the scheduling flexibility to work with your timetable, and the expert service you deserve. We pride ourselves on getting ships and trucks in and out without delays — without frustrating congestion — and your cargo warehoused quickly. We also offer tug and towing services when needed.
Strategically Located for All Modes of Goods Transport, Imports, and Exports.
We’re here — in the Port of Fernandina — to maximize your shipping convenience.
- Located only 2.2 miles from the Atlantic Ocean, allowing for access from port to ocean in only 45 minutes
- On-port connection with CSX Transportation railroad, merchant train, and double-stack intermodal train
- 11 on-port rail car spots served by the First Coast Railroad, owned by Genesee & Wyoming
- Road connections from SR 200/A1A to Interstate 95, US 301, US 1,US 23, US 90, and Interstate 10
- Within a day’s drive to Memphis, TN; Charleston, WV; Richmond, VA; Mobile, AL; and all of Florida
- One Liebherr LHM 400 mobile harbor crane
- Two container gantry cranes — 13 container-wide reach
- Three top loaders
- Over 30 lift trucks ranging from 3,000 to 52,000 lbs. capacity
- Yard hustlers, flatbeds, yard chassis, and over-the-road trucks
- At 1,200 linear feet, the wharf can accommodate two medium-sized ships
- Draft alongside the berth is maintained at a depth of 38’ MLW, with a 6’ tidal range
- All berths can handle container or conventional cargo working vessels
- The marshaling area adjoining berths can accommodate 3,200 TEU, including 48 electrical hookups for refrigerated containers
- The on-the-port facilities are clean and modern, with over 150,000 sq. ft. of storage space for a variety of cargo
- The off-port warehouse operates a 50,000 sq. ft. container freight station
- Container yard:
- Container stacking capacity: 3,200 TEUs
- Refrigerator plugs: 48 expandable to 144 over 11 acres
- Rail access:
- 11 rail car loading/unloading spaces along the on-port warehouse and in the terminal yard
- Multiple rail switches available daily